Robinson started when cotton was at $.08 a pound, when eggs sold for $.10 a dozen, and when Charlotte had a population of 11,000 people. In March of 1887, the Rev. C.W. Robinson began holding regular services once a month in the afternoons.
Robinson Church Road is named after our church.
Please enjoy reading about where we came from and join us as we move into the future.
- History our church prior to 1950 -- link to document
- Centennial history 1887 - 1987 -- link to document
One highlight from our history: Sometime between 1920 and 1925, the first public Brunswick Stew celebration was heId at Robinson Presbyterian Church, proceeds of which went to several worthwhile church projects. This is believed to have been the beginning of Brunswick Stew suppers in Mecklenburg County. One lady remembers when the stew was sold for $.10 and $.15 per plate and how proud they were when they cleared $16.00.